Sunday, January 12, 2014

Little E's Garden Bench


I haven't been sleeping much lately, so I had to come up with a project. My youngest niece's 3rd birthday is in March. It's a long ways away, but I found a great build for her!

I am slightly obsessed with Ana White's website. I saw this cute plan ana-white.com/2013/08/plans/childs-bench-arbor and I knew it would be perfect!


I still have to fill in the screw holes and I need to sand the entire thing to soften up the curves. Then I have to deal with the painting. I love the building part of these projects, but I hate the finishing part.

Here are a few pictures of the build. Yes, I had to build it in my living room. My basement is not heated and it has been super cold out, so I did most of the building in my living room. Just ignore all the sawdust and wood chips all over the floor.

I'll have to add pictures once it's really completed, but that won't be for awhile because it is way too cold to paint in the basement right now. Here it is for now.

Side Trellis
Bench
Sides and Bench Together
Making the Arch
Arbor Completed
Back of the Bench
Oliver Trying it Out

No comments:

Post a Comment