Step 1: Gather your materials.
- Christmas Ornaments - I used about 50, but you may want more or less depending on the size of your window and the size of the ornaments.
- Curtain rod to fit your window.
- String or yarn
Step 2: Tie the string to the ornaments.
Step 3: Tie the other end of the string to the curtain rod.
Step 4: Continue to add more ornaments at various lengths.
Step 5: Add the garland to the curtain rod to cover up the string.
Step 6: Add the bow.
Step 7: Enjoy your holiday decorations!
- Tie the strings to the curtain rod after the rod is in place. I originally was tying them before I hung it and I ended up with a tangled mess.
- Cut the garland into smaller pieces to wrap around the rod. I tried to do it in one piece and again ended up in a tangled mess.
- I used yarn but something like fishing line or thin thread would probably look nicer. The reason I used yarn was because I have cats that I know will be batting these around. If one gets wrapped around their paw, I don't want them to get hurt.
- If you have animals or small children, ensure that the ornaments that you use are not breakable. This has become the new favorite toy in my house.