Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Wooden Kindle Display

My niece got a Kindle Fire for her birthday. I wanted to make her something that would go along with that. I knit her this Kindle Pillow Prop.


I liked the prop for her to use when she was reading in bed, but I wanted something that she could put on a table when she wanted to watch a movie or something like that. I found an ipad display project on the Shanty 2 Chic blog. The sisters that write this blog are very creative and make great projects for super cheap!

This was really easy to make, but here are my steps for the DIY Wooden Kindle Display.

Luckily, I had all the necessary materials in my scrap bin. This project required a 1x2, a piece of trim, and a 1x12 all cut at 10 inches. I started the project using the trim piece, but I decided I did not like it and I used a 1x3 cut at 10 inches.

Then I just glued and clamped the pieces together. I added a few finishing nails just to hold it together.


I painted it white.



I thought it looked a little plain. So, I decided to make the front a chalk board. I taped off a rectangle and used some chalk board paint that I had from another project.


Here is the finished project. 


I have a Kindle Keyboard, so it's a little small, but you get the idea. I was happy with the way it turned out. More importantly, my niece liked it!


You can check out more detailed directions on the Shanty 2 Chic blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment