Sunday, August 16, 2015

DIY Kid-Sized Adirondack End Table

My brother recently moved into a new house. I wanted to make a little something for the two kids. I made this cute Adirondack set.


I built the two chair's and table using Ana White's plans. I built one of these chairs last year for a charity event. If you want to see the details for that, check out my Building a Kid-Sized Adirondack Chair for Charity post.

Here are the steps that I took to build this end table.


Needed Materials:
1 - 2" x 2" at 6 feet
2 - 1" x 3" at 6 feet
1 - 1" x 2" at 3 feet
1 1/4" Kreg pocket hole screws
1 1/2" Finishing nails
Wood glue
Paint or Stain

Needed Cuts:
4 - 2" x 2" cut at 17 1/4" (legs)
4 - 1" x 3" cut at 9 1/2" (aprons)
2 - 1" x 2" cut at 9 1/2" (side supports)
1 - 1" x 2" cut at 10 1/4" (stretcher)
5 - 1" x 3" cut at 14 1/2" (slats)

Step 1: Make the cuts. I used my miter saw for all my cuts.


Step 2: Drill pocket holes into each end of the 4 aprons, 2 side supports and the stretcher.


Step 3: Using the pocket hole screws and wood glue, attach the aprons to the legs.


Step 4: Using the pocket hole screws and wood glue, attach the side supports to the legs.


Step 5: Using the pocket hole screws and wood glue, attach the stretcher to the side supports.


Step 6: Using the finishing nails and glue, attach the slats to the top.


Step 7: Fill the pocket holes with putty and sand everything.


Step 8: Paint or apply finish of your choice. I used Rustoleum spray paint.


Step 9: Enjoy! To give you an idea of size, my nephew and niece are 1 and 4 years old.


You can find more details and the full plans to build this Adirondack end table on the Ana White website.

No comments:

Post a Comment